Hi Everyone, Are you ready for summer vacation? You must read this article because we are going to see the best tourist places in Tamilnadu. Tamil Nadu, located in the southern part of India, is a state known for its rich history, culture, and natural beauty. Here are some of the amazing tourist places to visit in Tamil Nadu during summer vacation:
Ooty: tourist places in Tamilnadu
Ooty – Known as the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’, Ooty is a popular summer vacation destination in Tamil Nadu. The hill station is known for its pleasant weather, scenic beauty, and tea plantations.
Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is a popular hill station located in the Nilgiri district of Tamil Nadu. It is known for its pleasant weather, natural beauty, and tea plantations. If you are planning a vacation trip to Ooty, here are some details that may help you:
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Ooty is from April to June, which is the summer season. The weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges from 15°C to 20°C. The monsoon season from July to September should be avoided as the region receives heavy rainfall. The winter season from October to March is also a good time to visit, but the temperature can drop to as low as 5°C.
How to reach: The nearest airport to Ooty is Coimbatore International Airport, which is around 100 km away. You can also take a train to Ooty from Coimbatore or Mettupalayam, which is a scenic journey. The Nilgiri Mountain Railway, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, connects Ooty with Mettupalayam.
Things to do:
- Visit Doddabetta Peak, which is the highest point in Ooty and offers a panoramic view of the surrounding hills.
- Take a ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway, which is a heritage train that runs from Mettupalayam to Ooty through tunnels and bridges.
- Visit the Government Botanical Garden, which is a 55-acre garden with various species of plants, trees, and flowers.
- Explore the Ooty Lake, which is a man-made lake surrounded by hills and offers boating facilities.
- Visit the tea plantations and factories to see how tea is processed and buy some fresh tea leaves.
- Trek to the Pykara Waterfalls, which is a scenic waterfall surrounded by dense forests.
- Visit the Rose Garden, which is a park with over 2,500 varieties of roses.
- Take a walk through the Wenlock Downs, which is a vast meadow with rolling hills and scenic views.
Where to stay: There are several options for accommodation in Ooty, ranging from budget to luxury hotels, resorts, and homestays. Some popular places to stay in Ooty include Club Mahindra, Sterling Ooty Fern Hill, Taj Savoy Hotel, and Fortune Hotel Sullivan Court.
Food: Ooty is known for its South Indian cuisine, which includes dosas, idlis, vadas, and sambar. You can also try local delicacies like Ooty varki, a crispy snack made from rice flour, and Ooty carrot halwa, a dessert made from carrots and milk.
In conclusion, Ooty is a perfect vacation destination for those who love nature, scenic beauty, and a pleasant climate. With a variety of activities and attractions to explore, it is sure to offer a memorable vacation experience.
KANYAKUMARI: tourist places in Tamilnadu
Located at the southernmost tip of India, Kanyakumari is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches, Vivekananda Rock Memorial, and Thiruvalluvar Statue.
Kanyakumari is a beautiful coastal town located at the southernmost tip of India, where the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean converge. It is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning sunrises and sunsets, historic landmarks, and serene beaches. In this article, we will take you through a virtual tour of Kanyakumari and provide you with all the details you need to plan an unforgettable vacation.
Getting There: Kanyakumari is well-connected by road, rail, and air. The nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport, located about 100 kilometers away. The town has its own railway station, which is connected to major cities like Chennai, Bangalore, and Trivandrum. If you prefer to travel by road, you can take a bus or hire a taxi from nearby cities like Trivandrum, Madurai, or Cochin.
Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Kanyakumari is from October to February when the weather is pleasant and mild. The monsoon season from June to September can be unpredictable, with heavy rainfall and strong winds. The summer months from March to May can be hot and humid, making it less suitable for outdoor activities.
Places to Visit: tourist places in Tamilnadu
Vivekananda Rock Memorial
This iconic landmark is situated on a small island off the coast of Kanyakumari. The memorial is dedicated to Swami Vivekananda, a renowned spiritual leader who meditated on this rock in 1892. You can take a ferry to the island and explore the memorial, which features a meditation hall and a statue of Swami Vivekananda.
This majestic statue of the Tamil poet and philosopher, Thiruvalluvar, stands tall at a height of 133 feet on a small island near the Vivekananda Rock Memorial. The statue is a popular attraction and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding ocean.
Kanyakumari Beach: Tourist places in Tamilnadu
The pristine sandy beach is perfect for a relaxing stroll or a refreshing swim. The beach is located at the confluence of the three oceans and offers stunning views of the sunrise and sunset.
The best place to witness the sunrise in Kanyakumari is at Kanyakumari Beach. The beach is located on the eastern side of the town and offers a clear view of the horizon. You can reach the beach early in the morning, before dawn, to witness the gradual transition of the sky from darkness to light. As the sun rises above the horizon, you can watch the sea change color from dark blue to light blue, and the sky turns shades of orange and pink. The sight of fishermen setting out to sea in their boats, against the backdrop of the rising sun, is a sight to behold.
The best place to witness the sunset in Kanyakumari is at Sunset Point, located on the western side of the town. The point is situated on a rocky outcrop that juts out into the sea, providing an unobstructed view of the horizon. As the sun sets over the Arabian Sea, you can watch the sky turn into a mesmerizing display of colors, ranging from shades of orange and pink to hues of red and purple. The sight of the sun dipping below the horizon and disappearing into the sea is a breathtaking experience.
The Gandhi Memorial is located near the Kanyakumari beach and is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. The memorial features a museum showcasing the life and legacy of Mahatma Gandhi.
Things to Do:
1. Watch the Sunrise and Sunset
Kanyakumari is famous for its stunning sunrises and sunsets, which are a sight to behold. Make sure to catch the sunrise and sunset at the Kanyakumari beach for an unforgettable experience.
2. Visit the Fishermen’s Village:
Take a stroll through the nearby fishing village to get a glimpse of the local way of life. You can also sample some of the delicious seafood dishes that are prepared fresh by the local fishermen.
3. Try Water Sports:
The beaches in Kanyakumari offer a range of water sports activities like jet skiing, parasailing, and banana boat rides. You can also try your hand at fishing or take a boat ride to explore the nearby islands.
4. Explore the Local Markets:
The town is known for its colorful bazaars and local markets, where you can shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and traditional garments. The main market is located near the Kanyakumari bus stand and is a great place to buy fish
Other important tourist places in Tamilnadu
- Kodaikanal – Another popular hill station in Tamil Nadu, Kodaikanal is known for its natural beauty, trekking trails, and boating facilities.
- Yercaud – Yercaud is a hill station located in the Salem district of Tamil Nadu and is known for its natural beauty, trekking trails, and Yercaud Lake.
- Mahabalipuram – Located on the east coast of Tamil Nadu, Mahabalipuram is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its ancient temples, rock-cut sculptures, and beautiful beaches.
- Madurai – Madurai is a historical city in Tamil Nadu known for its ancient temples, such as the Meenakshi Amman Temple and Thirumalai Nayak Palace.
- Thanjavur – Thanjavur, also known as Tanjore, is a cultural hub of Tamil Nadu. The city is known for its ancient temples, such as the Brihadeeswara Temple, and the Thanjavur Palace.
- Coimbatore – Coimbatore is a city located in the western part of Tamil Nadu. It is known for its natural beauty, such as the Siruvani Waterfalls, and as a gateway to the hill stations of Ooty and Kodaikanal.
- Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary – Located in the Nilgiri Hills, Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary is a popular tourist destination known for its diverse wildlife, such as elephants, tigers, and leopards.
- Courtallam – Courtallam is a small town located in the Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu. It is known for its natural beauty, such as the Courtallam Falls, and as a popular destination for medicinal baths.