This project was launched in 2015.TamilNadu is the only state in India to implement this Sukanya Samriddi Yojana properly. In tamil this is called the Ponmagal thitam. Good Saving plan with good rate of interest. It can be opened in Post office or Nationalized bank. Inside India it can be transferred. Before the age of 10 it should be opened by the parent or guardian or else it cannot be opened. Payment through internet banking is also available.
- Account should be opened in the name of girl child by her parents or legal guardian.
- Before she attains the age of 10 it should be opened.
- Only one account per girl child can be opened.
- Account can be opened for maximum of two children only third account can be opened in the event of having twin babies with proper certificate from competent medical authorities.
- Account holder should be an Indian citizen.
- Nonresidential Indian cannot open this account.
Rate of Interest:
- 8.1% rate of interest is given for the amount paid.
- No other saving scheme is giving such interest rates.
- Rate of interest will be changing year to year but there will be no drastic change.
- Money can be withdrawn in 15 years from start of the project or at 21 years.
- Amount should be paid only for 15 years.
- In case money can be withdrawn if the account holder is over 18 years of age at the time of marriage.
- Initial deposit amount is Rs.250/-.
- Minimum amount payable is Rs.250/- and maximum amount payable is Rs. 1,50,000/- in a financial year.
- Deposit can be made lumpsum or in frequent interval.
- Passbook will be given to the account opener.
- Deposit should be made compulsorily for 15 years from the date of account opening.
Mode of deposit:
- Cheque/ Demand drafts
- Internet banking