Hi Friends, We are going to discuss, How to choose best sunscreen for your face? The key to finding one you love: ID’ing the right formula for your skin type and needs.
READ ALSO: Top 10 best sunscreen for your face
First, choose between a chemical sunscreen and mineral sunscreen (there are also SPFs that combine the two.) Both types are effective at preventing sunburns — choose the one you like best!
- Chemical sunscreens contain active ingredients such as avobenzone and homosalate that absorb UV light.
- Mineral sunscreens use mineral ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to reflect UV light off of skin.
Regardless of your active type preference, be sure the sunscreen is a level SPF 30 or higher for best protection, the GH Beauty Lab advises.
This term means the formula protects against both UVA and UVB rays to shield skin from a host of issues, including sunburn, cellular damage, and elastin and collagen production. Plus, UV exposure causes not only skin cancer, but also about 80% of visible skin aging, so you want to be as protected as possible.
Skin type and concerns:
Consider your skin type to make your selection.
- Dry skin: “Look for a cream-based sunscreen,” which will help keep skin moisturized.
- Oily or acne-prone skin: Choose a formula labeled “noncomedogenic,” meaning it won’t clog pores. You may also prefer a matte finish which will help counteract any excess oil production.
- Sensitive skin: Opt for mineral-based sunscreens containing the ingredients zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide, which are less likely to cause irritation.
Here, the best face sunscreens you can buy, for every skin color, from fair to dark, and skin type, from acne-prone skin and oily skin to combination, dry skin, sensitive skin, and more.