Dell XPS 13 review | Which Laptop Should I Buy

Nithvik
6 Min Read
Dell XPS 13 review

Hi friends, Here I am giving you a complete Dell XPS 13 review. After reading this Dell XPS 13 review you have a clear idea about the laptop.

Dell XPS 13 review
Dell XPS 13 (2020) review

Design-Dell XPS 13 review

The new XPS 13 is a lot better than its predecessor because it is a thin and light notebook. It has 2% smaller size when compare with previous generation. The notebook is made from a single block of CNC machined aluminum and it feels solid. It has the stunning 4-sided Infinity Edge display.

The surprising part in Dell XPS 13 is that Dell has managed to place the webcam above the screen. The new XPS 13 is available in two colors. The first one is Platinum Silver with a black carbon-fiber palm rest and the second one is Frost White with an Alpine White composite-fiber palm rest.

Ports & Slots-Dell XPS 13 review

There are fewer ports and slots on the new XPS 13.

  • Thunderbolt™ 3 [(DisplayPort / Power Delivery) (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)]
  • 3.5mm Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
  • Thunderbolt™ 3 [(DisplayPort / power delivery) (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)]
  • microSD card reader

Display

The screen aspect ratio is 16:10, which is a welcome move. The Dell XPS 13’s screen is sharp and bright enough to watch Netflix, flip through photos and browse the web.

The stunning VESA certified Display on the optional 4K+ panel enables over 16 million colors that have more depth and dimension than ever before. This is the best screen on a notebook in a long time.

Read Also: APPLE MACBOOK PRO 13 REVIEW

Keyboard

Its keyboard style offers a solid typing experience. I was able to type a lot faster on the XPS 13. The keycaps are larger and there is a decent amount of spacing between each of them. The backlit keyboard is very easy to use.

Performance

Dell XPS 13 review: The notebook is perfectly fine for running whole day tasks like web browsing, editing documents, attending meetings on Zoom  and watching movies.

Dell Xps 13 is actively changing the power of its CPU to optimize your specific workload and increasing performance when you need it. If you want a laptop for gaming, then you have to move on other options. XPS 13 is best suited for light gaming. Generally it gets warm but does not produce so much heat.

Battery

It is designed to keep up with your fast-moving life that delivers exceptional performance. You’ll experience incredibly long battery life up to 18 hours. Battery life depends on how you use the laptop. Keep in mind that certain programmers running in the background will drain the battery faster. Other factors such as screen brightness may also impact battery life.

Safe To Eyes-Dell XPS 13 review

The new Dell XPS 13 intelligently manages light energy at the source and it selectively reducing harmful blue light and dispersing it across the light spectrum. Its unique solution combines RGB hardware and software adjustments to more effectively protect against blue light, while maintaining vivid color integrity.

Login options

You have to choose between two secure and personalized ways to log on. The infrared camera with Windows Hello recognizes your face and unlocking your XPS with secure facial recognition technology. The fingerprint reader integrated into the power button lets you log on with just a single touch.

Eco Friendly

Dell XPS 13 review: 25% percent of the laptop material consists of ocean plastics collected from coastal areas while the remaining 75% is made up of other recycled plastics. Free of materials like cadmium, lead, mercury and some phthalates. 90% of the laptop’s parts can be easily recycled.

Dimensions & Weight

Height: 14.8mm (0.58)
Width: 296mm (11.6)
Depth: 199mm (7.8)
Starting Weight: 1.2 kg (2.65 lbs) for non-touch-1.27 kg and (2.8 lbs) for touch

Essential accessories for XPS 13-Dell XPS 13 review

Maximize the performance of  XPS 13 with Dell-recommended essential accessories. .

  • Dell Notebook Power Bank Plus, USB-C, 65WH
  • Dell USB-C Mobile adapter
  • Dell 27 USB-C Ultrathin Monitor
  • Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
  • Dell Premier Sleeve 13

Should I Bye It?

 If you want the thinnest and lightest Windows notebook with beautiful design and all-around performance then the Dell XPS 13 is your best option. But it comes with little expensive.

Share this Article