Swimming goggles are not only intended for competitive swimmers, they are also a valuable accessory that can make every child’s time in the water safer and more comfortable.
Children benefit from swimming goggles because:
- Some children irritate their eyes after half an hour in the pool. Safety glasses will help minimize irritation from pool chemicals.
- Focus on the water.
- The glasses can protect the eye from dirt in the water.
- You can prevent bacteria from entering the eye.
- The glasses can enable a child to see clearly which makes the underwater time more comfortable.
Here are our top five swimming goggles for kids.
1. COPOZZ Kids Swimming Goggles
|Age Range||3 – 12 years|
The soft, one-piece frame of the Copozz glasses makes them extremely comfortable. Thanks to the high-quality anti-fog coating on the inside of the lenses, these glasses offer hours of clear, fog-free vision. In addition to a suitable age range, the manufacturers recommend these glasses for heads between 16.55 inches and 22.8 inches. This is achieved through a double strap system that can be easily adjusted so that your child’s swimming goggles fit properly.
- Excellent for a wide age range.
- Adjustable, anti-slip strap.
- Odorless silicone material.
- It may be difficult for kids to adjust themselves.
2. Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle
|Age Range||3 years and older|
The frame is large and rests on the cheekbones and forehead instead of the eye socket. This will minimize the possibility of discomfort or blemishes around the eyes. The glasses do not contain latex. The sealing material is proprietary Softeril, which is significantly softer than some other rubbers used in swimming goggles.
- Superior comfort for fussy toddlers.
- Easy to adjust.
- Stands up well to use in salt water.
- Not suitable for children with a wider or flatter nose bridge.
3. FINIS Fruit Basket Scented Kid’s Swim Goggles
|Age Range||3 – 8 years|
If you are looking for fruit scented glasses, Finis has everything you need. Your Fruit Basket model is available in five different colors, each with a smell of a different fruit, the glasses have a latex-free silicone seal and the glasses have a comfortable strap.
- The scent is long-lasting but doesn’t transfer to the face.
- Anti-fog coating.
- Good for kids as young as 18 months.
- Only suitable up to age 8.
4. Speedo Unisex-Child Swim Goggles
|Age Range||6 – 14 years|
|Lenses||Clear or mirrored|
These goggles have a slim, flat inner eyepiece fit for superior hydrodynamic performance. With a one-handed adjustment system, curved lenses for better peripheral vision, and a choice of clear or mirrored lenses, the Junior Hyper Flyer combines style and function for competitive swimmers.
- Adjustable for a snug but comfortable fit.
- Available in a variety of colors and lenses.
- The mirrored finish isn’t scratch-proof so it can become damaged easily if your child isn’t careful with them.
5. Nike Youth Challenger Swim Goggle
|Age Range||8 – 14 years|
These are designed to adapt to the inner eye and may not offer the best experience for beginners but are good for more experienced goggle wearers or competitive swimmers or divers. 8 years old is too tall to wear comfortably.
- Anti-fog coating and wide lens give a clear view.
- Affordable, yet high-quality goggles.
- It has a six-way adjustable nose bridge.
- Too tight for bigger kids.